Link to a PDF version of the CV.
University of Michigan Ph.D., Mathematics, Expected 2024
Indian Institute of Science B.Sc. (Research), Mathematics, 2018 Honors Thesis, The Laplacian on Riemannian manifolds
Research Interests: Teichmüller theory, mapping class groups, hyperbolic geometry
- The limit set of non-orientable mapping class groups. (To appear in Journal of Modern Dynamics; arXiv:2110.0003)
- Pseudo-Anosov homeomorphisms of punctured non-orientable surfaces with small stretch factor. With Caleb Partin and Rebecca R. Winarski. (To appear in Algebraic and Geometric Topology; arXiv:2107.04068)
- Instructor for Math 116 (Calculus II) (Fall 2021, Winter 2020, Fall 2019)
- Teaching assistant for Math 215 (Multivariable Calculus) (Fall 2020)
- Instructor for Math 115 (Calculus) (Winter 2019)
- Instructor for Math 105 (Precalculus) (Fall 2018)
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, 2022-2023
- UMich Math Department Graduate Fellowship, Summer 2019-2020
- DAAD-WISE Fellowship at University of Münster, 2017
- KVPY Fellowship, 2014-2018
- The limit set of non-orientable mapping class groups. (Topology Students Workshop (Summer 2022), Rice University Topology Seminar (Fall 2021), CUNY Geometry and Topology Seminar (Fall 2021))
- A tour through the proof of Margulis Superrigidity. (University of Michigan Topology Seminar (Fall 2019))
- The strange dynamics of non-orientable surfaces. (BUGCAT 2020 (Fall 2020))
- What is Quantum Unique Ergodicity?
- A proof of Mostow Rigidity
- Counting orbit points and Patterson-Sullivan measures
- Upgrading ergodicity to mixing
- The geodesic flow on symmetric spaces
- Constructing complex structures on surfaces via the Beltrami equation
- MathDRP@UM (Fall 2022): Mentored an undergraduate student in a directed reading of Willian Fulton's 'Algebraic Curves'.
- Lab of Geometry at Michigan (Winter 2021): Mentored a group of undergraduate students who implemented the Lelièvre-Weiss convexity test in Sage for squared-tiled surfaces in H(2).
- University of Michigan REU (Summer 2020): Graduate student mentor for the REU hosted by Alex Wright in the summer of 2020.
- QR study group leader (Summer 2021): Led the real analysis study group to help incoming grad students prepare for the qualifying review.
- Mentor for LOG(M), Winter 2021
- Co-organizer for Student Dynamics, Geometry, and Topology Seminar, 2020-2021
Conferences, summer schools, and workshops attended
- Salt Flats Teichmüller dynamics research cluster, January 2023
- Topology Students Workshop, July 2022
- Park City Math Institute Summer Graduate School, July 2021
- CMI-HIMR Dynamics and Geometry Online Summer School, Clay Mathematics Institute, Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research, June 2021
- Midwest Dynamical Systems, Fall 2021 and Fall 2019
- Nearly Carbon Neutral Geometry and Topology Conference, 2022 and 2021
- MSRI Summer School on 'Random and arithmetic structures in topology', June 2019
- Houston Summer School on Dynamical Systems, June 2019
- AIS on algebraic geometry, IISER Pune, July 2018
- BMS Student Conference, Freie Universität Berlin, February 2018
- Geometry, Groups, and Dynamics, ICTS Bangalore, November 2017
- ITCSC-INC Winter School, Chinese University of Hong Kong, January 2017
I am proficient in the use of following languages, and technical tools
- Python (including Sage)
- Lean theorem prover
- C (including CUDA)